FORMATTING YOUR REQUEST:
In the body of your post, include the following:
- a clickable link to the dmoze.ru category you applied to edit. The simplest way to do this is to copy and paste the ODP category you submitted to (i.e. http://www.dmoze.ru/....).
- the editorname that you used on your application.
- the date that you last applied.[note: see the date requirement below]
- Wait a minimum of 14 days after the day that you submitted your latest application to start a thread here asking about its status.
- Keep in mind that editors cannot reveal certain information due to confidentiality issues mentioned in the ODP Editor Guidelines.
- If your application has been rejected, please keep in mind that arguing about the editorial decision will not be tolerated.
Immediately after submitting your application you should have received an e-mail asking you to confirm your e-mail address. If you did not receive this e-mail, check any spam or junk mail folders and filters that might have blocked the e-mail from arriving. Hotmail and Yahoo spam/junk mail filters have sometimes blocked e-mails from us. Your application will not even be in our system until you have clicked the link on that confirmation e-mail.
The confirmation e-mail contains a link with a key that is only used by the system when you click on it. After you click on the link and the system confirms that your e-mail address is valid, that key is never referenced again. We do not see it when we review your application so you do not need to include it here when you are asking for a status request. We have no way of looking for that key in the system.
If you received the confirmation e-mail stating that your application is in the system, then your application is most likely in the system. You really should only be asking about the status here if you have reason to believe that your application was lost somewhere along the way.
If you've asked for the status, and we've told you that your application is in the system waiting to be reviewed, then you really don't need to come back every 2 weeks to ask about your application's status. Applications can take anywhere from 3 minutes to 3 months to process, and even that is not guaranteed. Generally you will receive a response one way or the other when your application has been processed.
edited to change the requirement from reply to click - elper
Edited by Elper, 23 August 2011 - 11:45 AM.